Archive photo, April 10, 1994: Ron Wurzer / The Seattle Times: Days after Kurt Cobain's suicide in 1994, fans of the Nirvana lead singer climb onto the International Fountain during a memorial.
Archive photo, April 10, 1994: Ron Wurzer / The Seattle Times: Days after Kurt Cobain’s suicide in 1994, fans of the Nirvana lead singer climb onto the International Fountain during a memorial.
After Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain‘s death in 1994, there was an outpouring of sadness and disbelief. In Seattle, fans gathered at the Seattle Center to express their reaction to the news and remember Cobain.
From an April 9, 1994 article of reaction quotes:
“It’s still a shock, I’m still feeling I’m in a weird space, and like anybody else, I wish it hadn’t ended this way. I feel awful. I feel like we’ve lost one of the most amazing musicians of the decade.”- Marco Colins, disc jockey at 107.7 (The End), an alternative rock-music station.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Cobain, then 27, was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in his Madrona home April 8, 1994, and it’s believed that April 5 was the day he took his own life.
Seventeen years later, fans of the iconic Seattle band are remembering his death today on Twitter, with #RIPKurtCobain and Kurt Cobain trending.
RIP Kurt Cobain – He died on 4/5/94 but was discovered on 4/8/94. We were coming back from camping spring break senior year when news broke.
I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not~ RIP Kurt Cobain, you are missed.
We’ve got to throw out a moment of silence: 17 years ago Kurt Cobain died. Nirvana all day in the Seattle office http://ow.ly/4tFuj
4/5 is a sad day round these parts as it marks the loss of both Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley, two amazing talents that left too soon. #RIP
The more years that go by, the harder it is to let go of the memories. Thanks for it all Kurt Cobain!