May 17 Oracle talk The May WSA dinner meeting will feature Oracle President Charles Phillips 5-8 p.m., The Westin Hotel, Seattle. Cost: $48-$80. Information: 206-448-3033...
The May WSA dinner meeting will feature Oracle President Charles Phillips 5-8 p.m., The Westin Hotel, Seattle. Cost: $48-$80. Information: 206-448-3033 or www.wsa.org.
Most Read Stories
- Milo Yiannopoulos at UW: A speech, a shooting and $75,000 in police overtime
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
The Washington Technology Center holds its 10th anniversary symposium discussing the latest developments in microfabrication and showing how a public facility is helping bring new technologies to the marketplace. 1-6:30 p.m. at the HUB Auditorium, University of Washington campus. Cost: free ($25 donation is strongly encouraged). Information: : 206-616-4187 or
State of technology
Eric Schmidt, chief executive of Google, will speak on “Creating and Competing on a Global Stage” at the Technology Alliance State of Technology Luncheon. 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The Westin Hotel, Seattle. Cost: $95. Information: www.technology-alliance.com.
Send items for Technology Datebook to Gary Dougherty, Seattle Times business news, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111- 0070, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.