Usually, I stay clear of giving sugar-coated advice. Not this time. If you have even one spare minute today, buy a cheap plastic bowl and...
Usually, I stay clear of giving sugar-coated advice. Not this time.
If you have even one spare minute today, buy a cheap plastic bowl and load it up with candy (the more you can cram in, the better). Plop it on your desk and be prepared for great things to happen.
You — the office candy-dish owner — will receive a raise this year as your fellow employees moan of tough times. You will be more creative, organized and hardworking.
Your co-workers, for practically no reason at all, will talk of you fondly.
Most Read Stories
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump VIEW
- Here's where the Seahawks stand in free agency
- Sen. Patty Murray will oppose Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court
Do I hear Snickers? I’m not making this up.
A new survey shows the incredible rewards of the workplace candy dish.
Among the sweetest: 60 percent of candy-dish owners got a raise last year, compared with 49 percent of noncandy dish owners. Can we say PayDay?
The survey was conducted by — guess who? — Life Savers.
But it’s legit, says Larry Baumann, spokesman for the candy company that has been around since 1912. The survey, which questioned 1,290 people who work in an office environment, was conducted by Harris Interactive.
The study found candy dishes in the workplace seem to make everyone happier, Baumann says.