Heads up: The Internal Revenue Service has announced increases in mileage-reimbursement rates, effective for business miles incurred between...
Heads up: The Internal Revenue Service has announced increases in mileage-reimbursement rates, effective for business miles incurred between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31.
The rate for business miles increased 8 cents, from 40.5 to 48.5 cents per mile. The rate for qualified moving miles increased 7 cents, from 15 to 22 cents per mile.
Tomorrow: Airline on-time statistics for August will be released. Seattle-based Alaska Airlines was fourth-worst out of 20 U.S. airlines in July, an improvement from the previous two months, when it had the industry’s worst on-time record. Alaska has said its August numbers will be better.
Wednesday: The Seattle Economists Club will kick off its year of regular meetings with a wine-and-cheese reception at the offices of Parsons Brinckerhoff, 999 Third Ave., Suite 2200. Admission: members. $20; nonmembers, $25; students (21 and over), $10. Reservations: 206-618-7030 or email@example.com.
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area
Thursday: Did rising gas prices help sales but hurt the bottom line? Find out when Costco Wholesale reports its fourth-quarter results.
Friday: The Washington Technology Center will host the Pacific Northwest Biomedicine and Life Sciences Summit in Spokane. Several government agencies that make research grants to early-stage firms will make presentations.