Heads up: The Internal Revenue Service has announced increases in mileage-reimbursement rates, effective for business miles incurred between...
Heads up: The Internal Revenue Service has announced increases in mileage-reimbursement rates, effective for business miles incurred between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31.
The rate for business miles increased 8 cents, from 40.5 to 48.5 cents per mile. The rate for qualified moving miles increased 7 cents, from 15 to 22 cents per mile.
Tomorrow: Airline on-time statistics for August will be released. Seattle-based Alaska Airlines was fourth-worst out of 20 U.S. airlines in July, an improvement from the previous two months, when it had the industry’s worst on-time record. Alaska has said its August numbers will be better.
Wednesday: The Seattle Economists Club will kick off its year of regular meetings with a wine-and-cheese reception at the offices of Parsons Brinckerhoff, 999 Third Ave., Suite 2200. Admission: members. $20; nonmembers, $25; students (21 and over), $10. Reservations: 206-618-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Seattle's newest apartments: 'prison cell' with no door for toilet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
Thursday: Did rising gas prices help sales but hurt the bottom line? Find out when Costco Wholesale reports its fourth-quarter results.
Friday: The Washington Technology Center will host the Pacific Northwest Biomedicine and Life Sciences Summit in Spokane. Several government agencies that make research grants to early-stage firms will make presentations.