Heads up: Another Fed meeting, another interest-rate increase? That's what many expect when the Federal Reserve System's Open Market Committee...
Heads up: Another Fed meeting, another interest-rate increase? That’s what many expect when the Federal Reserve System’s Open Market Committee meets Wednesday and Thursday. It would be the ninth rate increase over the past year. Other things that could affect the markets this week are the latest figures on consumer confidence (Tuesday), gross domestic product (Wednesday), and personal income and spending (Thursday).
Tuesday: Nastech Pharmaceutical, a Bothell biotech company, holds its analyst and investor day at the University Club in New York. The event will be webcast at www.nastech.com.
Wednesday: Perry Satterlee, the chief operating officer of Kirkland-based Clearwire, is the opening-morning keynote speaker at the Wireless Communications Association International’s 2005 conference in Washington, D.C. Clearwire, founded by wireless entrepreneur Craig McCaw, provides broadband wireless services using an early version of WiMax. The annual convention will end Friday.
Friday: Watch for the second-quarter review of Northwest stocks’ performance in The Seattle Times’ Business section.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Latest study: Seattle’s wage law lifted restaurant pay without shrinking jobs
- 90 degrees?! Heat wave expected in Seattle this weekend
- Seattle police transcript of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles: 'I don't have a Taser' WATCH