Heads up: Consumer spending has been a pillar of the economic rebound and Thursday the International Council of Shopping Centers releases...
Heads up: Consumer spending has been a pillar of the economic rebound and Thursday the International Council of Shopping Centers releases its monthly U.S. retail chain-store sales index.
Tuesday: The last two weeks were the heaviest for earnings reports, but results are still coming in. Watch for reports from RealNetworks, Puget Energy and Expeditors International. … The West Seattle steel mill now owned by Nucor will celebrate its 100th year. The 285-employee mill is Seattle City Light’s largest customer, and says it turned more than 740,000 tons of car bodies, appliances and other scrap into steel products last year.
Thursday: The Bureau of Transportation Statistics at the U.S. Department of Transportation is scheduled to release June on-time data for U.S. airlines. The data for May ranked Alaska Airlines last for on-time performance among its peers…. Icos is scheduled to release its second-quarter financial results after markets close.
Friday: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service releases last month’s sales number for homes and condominiums around region. … Fisher Communications reports second-quarter results. The Seattle broadcasting company, which owns KOMO-TV, lost $5.1 million in the first quarter, as revenue stagnated and expenses rose.
Most Read Stories
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- 3 teens killed in Lynnwood crash from Mill Creek high school
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Are Seattle housing prices headed for a crash? | Jon Talton