Heads up: The latest figures on the residential real-estate market are due Tuesday from the Commerce Department, and on Thursday the Conference...
Heads up: The latest figures on the residential real-estate market are due Tuesday from the Commerce Department, and on Thursday the Conference Board issues its monthly index of leading economic indicators.
Tuesday: Seattle-based insurer Safeco reports second-quarter earnings. … Results of a contract vote by Alaska Airlines’ flight- attendants union are expected. In addition, the company needs to respond to a lawsuit from its pilots union asking a federal court to vacate an arbitrator’s award that resulted in pay cuts of up to 34 percent for Alaska’s pilots. … IAC/InteractiveCorp shareholders vote on plans to make Bellevue-based Expedia a separate company. … Washington’s June jobless figures are released.
Wednesday: Washington Mutual plans to report second-quarter earnings. … Atlanta-based Cingular Wireless reports second-quarter earnings at 5 a.m. A conference call follows at 7 a.m.
Thursday: Is the computer-software business hot or not? Microsoft offers some insights in the afternoon when it announces earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal year that ended June 30. … Weyerhaeuser and Alaska Airlines announce second-quarter earnings. … State regulators discuss the future of telecommunications in Washington from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the second-floor hearing room at Utilities and Transportation Commission headquarters, 1300 S. Evergreen Park Drive S.W., Olympia.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Federal judge: ‘The citizens of Seattle are not going to pay blackmail for constitutional policing’
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH