Heads up: The latest figures on the residential real-estate market are due Tuesday from the Commerce Department, and on Thursday the Conference...
Heads up: The latest figures on the residential real-estate market are due Tuesday from the Commerce Department, and on Thursday the Conference Board issues its monthly index of leading economic indicators.
Tuesday: Seattle-based insurer Safeco reports second-quarter earnings. … Results of a contract vote by Alaska Airlines’ flight- attendants union are expected. In addition, the company needs to respond to a lawsuit from its pilots union asking a federal court to vacate an arbitrator’s award that resulted in pay cuts of up to 34 percent for Alaska’s pilots. … IAC/InteractiveCorp shareholders vote on plans to make Bellevue-based Expedia a separate company. … Washington’s June jobless figures are released.
Wednesday: Washington Mutual plans to report second-quarter earnings. … Atlanta-based Cingular Wireless reports second-quarter earnings at 5 a.m. A conference call follows at 7 a.m.
Thursday: Is the computer-software business hot or not? Microsoft offers some insights in the afternoon when it announces earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal year that ended June 30. … Weyerhaeuser and Alaska Airlines announce second-quarter earnings. … State regulators discuss the future of telecommunications in Washington from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the second-floor hearing room at Utilities and Transportation Commission headquarters, 1300 S. Evergreen Park Drive S.W., Olympia.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- 2 men shot at Seattle’s Gas Works Park; suspect sought
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- Off-lease used cars are flooding market, pushing prices down
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party