Heads up: The report on consumer credit for April will be released Tuesday by the Federal Reserve System. Consumers have played a big role...
Heads up: The report on consumer credit for April will be released Tuesday by the Federal Reserve System. Consumers have played a big role in the 3-year-old economic expansion, and consumer debt in March stood at a record $2.126 trillion.
Monday: Microsoft and the government go before U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly for the latest quarterly status conference on the antitrust settlement.
Wednesday: The week before the Paris Air Show opens, Boeing Vice President Randy Baseler presents the company’s 2005 forecast of commercial-airplane demand over the next 20 years. The forecast is expected to again reflect Boeing’s conviction that the market for midsize widebody jets (read Boeing 787) is huge, while the superjumbo-jet market (read Airbus A380) is unlikely to exceed 500 airplanes
Thursday: HouseValues holds its annual shareholder meeting at 10 a.m. at its Kirkland headquarters. Shareholders will be asked to re-elect three directors. … Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan testifies on the economic outlook before the Joint Economic Committee. … The USA-Philippines International Trade Conference, hosted by the Filipino Chamber of Commerce of the Pacific Northwest, runs through Friday at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Top businesses and government officials from the Philippines will participate. For more information, go to www.filchamnw.org or call Bert Golla at 206-363-3009.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field