Heads up: Will interest rates rise again? Many experts expect that this week when the Federal Open Market Committee meets. The policy-makers should make...
Heads up: Will interest rates rise again? Many experts expect that this week when the Federal Open Market Committee meets. The policy-makers should make their interest-rate announcement Tuesday at about 11:15 a.m. Seattle time. In economic news, the Labor Department releases productivity figures Tuesday. The Treasury Department’s latest numbers on the federal budget come out Wednesday. And the July report on retail sales and June figures on business inventories are released Thursday by the Commerce Department.
Tomorrow: Dendreon plans to report its second-quarter financial results.
Tuesday: Expedia is expected to spin off today from parent IAC/InterActiveCorp and begin trading as an independent public company. The Bellevue-based company now includes travel brands beyond Expedia.com, including Hotels.com and TripAdvisor. … Cell Therapeutics plans to report its financial results.
Friday: The World Trade Organization is scheduled to produce a final ruling on a European Union challenge against changes to U.S. tax export breaks.
Most Read Stories
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What was that glowing orb that Trump touched in Saudi Arabia?