Heads up: Will interest rates rise again? Many experts expect that this week when the Federal Open Market Committee meets. The policy-makers should make...
Heads up: Will interest rates rise again? Many experts expect that this week when the Federal Open Market Committee meets. The policy-makers should make their interest-rate announcement Tuesday at about 11:15 a.m. Seattle time. In economic news, the Labor Department releases productivity figures Tuesday. The Treasury Department’s latest numbers on the federal budget come out Wednesday. And the July report on retail sales and June figures on business inventories are released Thursday by the Commerce Department.
Tomorrow: Dendreon plans to report its second-quarter financial results.
Tuesday: Expedia is expected to spin off today from parent IAC/InterActiveCorp and begin trading as an independent public company. The Bellevue-based company now includes travel brands beyond Expedia.com, including Hotels.com and TripAdvisor. … Cell Therapeutics plans to report its financial results.
Friday: The World Trade Organization is scheduled to produce a final ruling on a European Union challenge against changes to U.S. tax export breaks.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Judge blocks Trump threat to withhold 'sanctuary city' funds VIEW
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn