Heads up: Another nudge in interest rates is expected Tuesday when the Federal Reserve's policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee meets...
Heads up: Another nudge in interest rates is expected Tuesday when the Federal Reserve’s policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee meets. Experts expect the usual increase of 25 basis points, bringing short-term rates to 4 percent. A key indicator of consumer spending is out Thursday when the International Council of Shopping Centers releases its monthly U.S. retail-chain-store sales index.
Monday: Fisher Communications releases third-quarter earnings. … Cancer drug maker Dendreon provides final results from its second late-stage clinical trial of Provenge at a major cancer-research conference in Paris.
Tuesday: Microsoft outlines a new technology strategy at a news conference in San Francisco with Chairman Bill Gates and Chief Technology Officer Ray Ozzie. Details are scarce, but Ozzie’s presence suggests the subject will be new services Microsoft will offer, since that’s Ozzie’s bailiwick.
Wednesday: The Washington Biotechnology and Biomedical Association holds its annual meeting in Seattle, featuring a talk with Gov. Christine Gregoire on opportunities for public-private partnerships to support the industry.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn
Thursday: Icos, the Bothell maker of Cialis whose joint venture with Eli Lilly posted a first quarterly profit earlier this month, reports third-quarter results.