Heads up: Another nudge in interest rates is expected Tuesday when the Federal Reserve's policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee meets...
Heads up: Another nudge in interest rates is expected Tuesday when the Federal Reserve’s policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee meets. Experts expect the usual increase of 25 basis points, bringing short-term rates to 4 percent. A key indicator of consumer spending is out Thursday when the International Council of Shopping Centers releases its monthly U.S. retail-chain-store sales index.
Monday: Fisher Communications releases third-quarter earnings. … Cancer drug maker Dendreon provides final results from its second late-stage clinical trial of Provenge at a major cancer-research conference in Paris.
Tuesday: Microsoft outlines a new technology strategy at a news conference in San Francisco with Chairman Bill Gates and Chief Technology Officer Ray Ozzie. Details are scarce, but Ozzie’s presence suggests the subject will be new services Microsoft will offer, since that’s Ozzie’s bailiwick.
Wednesday: The Washington Biotechnology and Biomedical Association holds its annual meeting in Seattle, featuring a talk with Gov. Christine Gregoire on opportunities for public-private partnerships to support the industry.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
Thursday: Icos, the Bothell maker of Cialis whose joint venture with Eli Lilly posted a first quarterly profit earlier this month, reports third-quarter results.