Heads up: The March trade-deficit figures are due out Wednesday from the Commerce Department. The deficit hit an all-time high of $61 billion...
The March trade-deficit figures are due out Wednesday from the Commerce Department. The deficit hit an all-time high of $61 billion in February. Things may look more upbeat Thursday when Commerce releases its April retail-sales figures. Major retailers last week reported slightly better-than-expected results.
Bellevue-based Infospace is holding its annual shareholders meeting at 10 a.m. at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
Biotechnology leader Amgen will hold its annual stockholders meeting in Seattle at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Amgen’s Helix campus in Seattle is the largest commercial biotech R&D operation locally.
Microsoft is set to unveil its next-generation Xbox video-game console at 9:30 p.m. on cable-music channel MTV. The half-hour program probably will be heavily scripted and give few details about the machine. Microsoft will give more information about the new console at its May 16 briefing at the Electronics Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. … The Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle will host a continental breakfast to discuss business opportunities in Switzerland, 8-9:30 a.m. at the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce, 1301 Fifth Ave., Suite 2500. Cost: $8-$10. Registration required: Deric Gruen, 206-389-7319 or email@example.com.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field