Heads up: The markets will be watching for the U.S. employment report for May, due out Friday. The jobless numbers should shed some light...
Heads up: The markets will be watching for the U.S. employment report for May, due out Friday. The jobless numbers should shed some light on the strength of the U.S. recovery and the future path of interest rates.
Tomorrow: Memorial Day. U.S. financial markets, banks, government offices and most businesses are closed. The weekly Treasury bill auction, usually held Mondays, will be delayed a day.
Tuesday: Corixa holds its annual shareholders meeting at 1 p.m. at its corporate headquarters, 1900 Ninth Ave., Seattle.
Wednesday: A big day for Microsoft lawyers: it’s the deadline for the company to comply with European Union antitrust sanctions. The company also is supposed to file a status report on its U.S. antitrust compliance efforts by this day, in preparation for a status conference on June 6.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
Thursday: RealNetworks holds its analyst day meeting in New York, but you can listen in via a live webcast from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Pacific time at www.realnetworks.com/company/investor/index.html.
Sunday: The Seattle Times identifies the region’s best-performing company in its 14th annual Northwest 100 ranking. Will Oregon’s Flir Systems, the winner for the past two years, make it a three-peat? Will a dot-com ever rise to the top again? Place your bets.