Heads up: The markets will be watching for the U.S. employment report for May, due out Friday. The jobless numbers should shed some light...
Heads up: The markets will be watching for the U.S. employment report for May, due out Friday. The jobless numbers should shed some light on the strength of the U.S. recovery and the future path of interest rates.
Tomorrow: Memorial Day. U.S. financial markets, banks, government offices and most businesses are closed. The weekly Treasury bill auction, usually held Mondays, will be delayed a day.
Tuesday: Corixa holds its annual shareholders meeting at 1 p.m. at its corporate headquarters, 1900 Ninth Ave., Seattle.
Wednesday: A big day for Microsoft lawyers: it’s the deadline for the company to comply with European Union antitrust sanctions. The company also is supposed to file a status report on its U.S. antitrust compliance efforts by this day, in preparation for a status conference on June 6.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
- 'It's time for Seattle to shut up': What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' future
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
Thursday: RealNetworks holds its analyst day meeting in New York, but you can listen in via a live webcast from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Pacific time at www.realnetworks.com/company/investor/index.html.
Sunday: The Seattle Times identifies the region’s best-performing company in its 14th annual Northwest 100 ranking. Will Oregon’s Flir Systems, the winner for the past two years, make it a three-peat? Will a dot-com ever rise to the top again? Place your bets.