Ste. Michelle Wine Estates in Woodinville has acquired O Wines, another Washington wine brand.
O Wines sells chardonnay in the Western U.S., and Ste. Michelle said it plans to add red wine and take the brand national.
When Stacy Lill and Kathy Johanson started O Wines in 2006, their mission was to fund scholarships for low-income, deserving youth. It has provided more than 40 student scholarships in four years by partnering with organizations such as the College Success Foundation. Many of the scholarship recipients were the first in their families to attend college.
Ste. Michelle plans to continue to donate a portion of proceeds to fund scholarships.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.