Ste. Michelle Wine Estates in Woodinville has acquired O Wines, another Washington wine brand.
O Wines sells chardonnay in the Western U.S., and Ste. Michelle said it plans to add red wine and take the brand national.
When Stacy Lill and Kathy Johanson started O Wines in 2006, their mission was to fund scholarships for low-income, deserving youth. It has provided more than 40 student scholarships in four years by partnering with organizations such as the College Success Foundation. Many of the scholarship recipients were the first in their families to attend college.
Ste. Michelle plans to continue to donate a portion of proceeds to fund scholarships.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.