Ste. Michelle Wine Estates in Woodinville has acquired O Wines, another Washington wine brand.
O Wines sells chardonnay in the Western U.S., and Ste. Michelle said it plans to add red wine and take the brand national.
When Stacy Lill and Kathy Johanson started O Wines in 2006, their mission was to fund scholarships for low-income, deserving youth. It has provided more than 40 student scholarships in four years by partnering with organizations such as the College Success Foundation. Many of the scholarship recipients were the first in their families to attend college.
Ste. Michelle plans to continue to donate a portion of proceeds to fund scholarships.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.