Ste. Michelle Wine Estates in Woodinville has acquired O Wines, another Washington wine brand.
O Wines sells chardonnay in the Western U.S., and Ste. Michelle said it plans to add red wine and take the brand national.
When Stacy Lill and Kathy Johanson started O Wines in 2006, their mission was to fund scholarships for low-income, deserving youth. It has provided more than 40 student scholarships in four years by partnering with organizations such as the College Success Foundation. Many of the scholarship recipients were the first in their families to attend college.
Ste. Michelle plans to continue to donate a portion of proceeds to fund scholarships.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.