Starbucks has partnered with the French food company Danone to create new Greek yogurt products to be sold at some U.S. Starbucks cafes beginning in spring 2014 and in grocery stores in 2015.
The first product will be a Greek yogurt parfait to replace a Greek yogurt with honey parfait currently sold in Starbucks stores. The flavors for that and other products have not been formulated yet.
The yogurt will be branded “Evolution Fresh, Inspired by Dannon.” Evolution Fresh is the juice company Starbucks bought in 2011. Dannon is a yogurt company owned by Danone, which also owns Evian water and other products sold internationally.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Starbucks characterized it as a “multiyear agreement. ”
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.