Starbucks has partnered with the French food company Danone to create new Greek yogurt products to be sold at some U.S. Starbucks cafes beginning in spring 2014 and in grocery stores in 2015.
The first product will be a Greek yogurt parfait to replace a Greek yogurt with honey parfait currently sold in Starbucks stores. The flavors for that and other products have not been formulated yet.
The yogurt will be branded “Evolution Fresh, Inspired by Dannon.” Evolution Fresh is the juice company Starbucks bought in 2011. Dannon is a yogurt company owned by Danone, which also owns Evian water and other products sold internationally.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Starbucks characterized it as a “multiyear agreement. ”
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.