Sprint will lay off 161 people in Bellevue and Kirkland on Friday as part of its $3.5 billion purchase of wireless network operator Clearwire.
Sprint, based in Overland Park, Kan., completed the purchase in July and has notified all Clearwire employees about their long-term job status, said spokeswoman Susan Johnston.
In all, about 75 percent of Clearwire’s pre-purchase work force eventually will be laid off, the company said. Johnston declined to say how many people that is.
Hundreds of Clearwire employees will remain with Sprint, mostly in Bellevue and Herndon, Va.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @amyemartinez