The bargaining unit council of the union for Boeing’s white-collar employees will decide Jan. 31 whether to put a strike authorization vote to the membership, said Ray Goforth, executive director of the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA).
The union, which represents engineers and technical employees, plans to hold meetings over the next 10 days with members to get feedback on Boeing’s “best and final” offer.
Ballots will go out on Feb. 4, asking members to vote up or down on the contract offer. Strike authorization would be a separate question.
The union’s negotiating team has recommended against the offer, Goforth said.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler