Negotiators for Boeing and the Society for Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA) agreed to meet Wednesday with federal mediators to resume contract talks, the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service said Saturday.
SPEEA’s 15,500 engineers narrowly approved a four-year contract Tuesday, while its smaller bargaining unit covering 7,400 technical professionals rejected Boeing’s offer by a similar margin.
The technical workers also authorized SPEEA to call a strike if talks prove unsuccessful.
SPEEA’s contract expired Nov. 25, and the federal mediation service began facilitating talks in December.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach