SolarCity, one of the nation's largest installers of rooftop solar systems, is buying Silveo, a solar panel manufacturer.
SolarCity, one of the nation’s largest installers of rooftop solar systems, is buying Silveo, a solar panel manufacturer.
It’s the latest in a string of moves by solar power companies to engage in a broader part of the solar market, from manufacturing panels and modules to developing and financing projects to installing and building systems.
The deal was announced Tuesday by SolarCity Chairman Elon Musk and executives Peter and Lyndon Rive on the company’s blog.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
Despite a global glut of solar panel manufacturing capacity, SolarCity said it is in discussions with the state of New York to build one of the largest solar panel production plants in the world over the next two years.
SolarCity shares were up almost 6 percent in morning trading Tuesday.