SilkAir, the regional carrier owned by Singapore Airlines, finalized an order for 54 Boeing 737s including 31 of the planned 737 MAX 8.
The deal pushes Boeing’s total orders for the MAX to 969, the company said.
At list prices, the order is worth $4.9 billion, but actual prices estimated by Avitas are about half that.
The order is the largest ever placed by SilkAir, which currently operates a fleet of 21 Airbus planes.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents