Howard Schultz apparently used Starbucks' new corporate jet to spend the holidays in Hawaii with his family. The Seattle company bought...
Howard Schultz apparently used Starbucks’ new corporate jet to spend the holidays in Hawaii with his family. The Seattle company bought a new Gulfstream 550 in mid-December that cost about $45 million.
A spokeswoman said Starbucks ordered the plane three years ago and that canceling delivery would have been too expensive.
She declined to say who took it to Hawaii for two weeks in late December, but said it was a combined personal and business trip.
Lance Armstrong wrote on his Twitter account that he dined with Starbucks CEO Schultz and his family in Hawaii on Dec. 30. “Great man who’s committed to health care for all,” Armstrong wrote.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- UW's Micah Hatchie signs with Pittsburgh Steelers as undrafted free agent
Most Read Stories
Starbucks policy requires employees to reimburse the company for personal use of corporate planes. That policy was instituted in fiscal 2007, when Schultz reimbursed Starbucks $400,919 for flights.
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com