Denis Law, mayor of Renton, was named president of the Sound Cities Association (SCA), which represents 35 cities in King County.
The Tukwila-based SCA, formerly known as the Suburban Cities Association, was established more than 40 years ago and provides a voice for cities with under 150,000 residents in such areas as economic and community development, transportation, land use and other public-policy issues.
Airlines:Betsy Bacon was named managing director of Alaska Air Cargo, Seattle.
Banking:Mary Justice was appointed market leader for The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank, Seattle. Robert Williams was named vice president, CRA loan and investment manager at Union Bank, Seattle.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Business consulting:Steven Gorsline and Nyron Davidson joined The Alacer Group, Bellevue.
Commercial real estate:Paul Okerlund was named director for the Seattle
Project Management Team at CBRE, Seattle.
Engineering:Bob Carr was hired as a senior project manager at Parametrix, Bellevue.
Real estate:Jeff Taylor was appointed executive vice president of the Seattle office of Scanlan Kemper Bard Companies, Seattle.
Technology:Dennis Brooke was hired as vice president of enterprise consulting at cloudPWR, Seattle.
To be included in the On the Move column, email email@example.com; send the information by fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.