Q: My wife and I are updating our bathroom with a complete remodel. Not only do we want to bring our bathroom up to date, we want to bring it into the future with the latest technology.
Music is very important to us, so what are some new plumbing fixtures we can look at that have built-in sound systems?
A: Today, we do have plumbing fixtures complete with internal sound systems.
While they can be pricey, the good news is that usually you only need one of these musical plumbing fixtures to fill your bathroom with sound. Here are three basic types you can choose from:
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Showerhead with built-in speaker. These are fully functional showerheads with a water-resistant wireless speaker.
Just pair it up with your wireless device and you can listen to news and/or music while you shower. The speaker part is removable so you can listen to it outside the shower area as well.
High-tech toilet. Not only do these electronic toilets flush themselves, some models feature complete audio systems with AM/FM radio and an auxiliary input to play your stored music and podcasts.
Musical bathtub. When filled, hidden transducers in the shell of the tub broadcast sound waves that travel through the water, allowing you to feel the music as well as hear it.
When they’re empty, once again just plug in your smart device and the tub itself acts like a big working speaker. So, even if you’re not taking a bath, the sounds coming from the empty tub can still be music to your ears.