A private 292-acre island near Anacortes that comes with a dock, beaches, views and grass airstrip has come on the market for $13.5 million.
The owner is Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, but the island is spelled Allan Island. Pure coincidence; the island is named after a Navy hero. Allen bought Allan Island in 1992 and in 2005 listed it for sale for $25 million.
The island includes a “log-style home for caretakers quarters located near the dock with water, septic and generator,” according to the promotional information.
The listing agent is Wally Gudgell of Windermere Real Estate/Orcas Island. Gudgell sold Allen his other property in the San Juans, a site on Lopez Island, in 1996.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'