311 frontman Nick Hexum kept busy this summer selling one Los Angeles-area home and buying a larger one.
The 42-year-old vocalist and guitarist sold a house in the Hollywood Hills West area for $1.5 million. Built in 1990, it has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and 3,608 square feet of living space. It was built in 1990 and sits on a quarter of an acre.
He bought the property in 1996 for $647,000.
The singer-songwriter bought a contemporary Mediterranean in Topanga for $1.975 million.
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- From rust bucket to showpiece: Volunteers are rescuing the first Boeing 747
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Mapping the dogs of Seattle
- Rugby League star Jarryd Hayne still exploring options, Seahawks apparently still in the mix
Most Read Stories
The five-bedroom, five-bathroom house, built in 2004, has nearly 5,000 square feet of living space and sits on 10 acres. The two-story with mountain views features a den, a breakfast area, a family room and a three-car garage.
Hexum has played with 311 since its inception in 1988.
– Los Angeles Times