Adam Lambert, an “American Idol” runner-up who has gone on to a successful career in music, has bought a home in Hollywood Hills West in Los Angeles for $2.995 million.
The three-bedroom, four-bath house was built in 1947 and has been heavily renovated. A sweeping exterior staircase follows the shape of a curved wall with a tall glass-brick window.
The nearly 3,800 square feet of living space includes a dining room with a floor-to-ceiling climate-controlled wine room, an oversize kitchen with commercial-grade appliances and a diner-style booth/breakfast room, a den with a fireplace, a screening room and a gym.
The master suite has a fireplace, a sitting area and a bathroom that looks like a spa.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Ferns and lush landscaping fill the courtyard-style backyard, which features a grotto spa.
Lambert, 32, took second place on a hotly contested “Idol” season in 2009, the same year he released the album “For Your Entertainment.”
While he has continued to release albums and tour, he also has been doing soundtrack work for television as well as acting. Since last year, he has been on five episodes of “Glee.”
He is touring North America, Asia and Australia this summer with Queen, filling in for the late Freddie Mercury.
Los Angeles Times