Adam Lambert, an “American Idol” runner-up who has gone on to a successful career in music, has bought a home in Hollywood Hills West in Los Angeles for $2.995 million.
The three-bedroom, four-bath house was built in 1947 and has been heavily renovated. A sweeping exterior staircase follows the shape of a curved wall with a tall glass-brick window.
The nearly 3,800 square feet of living space includes a dining room with a floor-to-ceiling climate-controlled wine room, an oversize kitchen with commercial-grade appliances and a diner-style booth/breakfast room, a den with a fireplace, a screening room and a gym.
The master suite has a fireplace, a sitting area and a bathroom that looks like a spa.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Ferns and lush landscaping fill the courtyard-style backyard, which features a grotto spa.
Lambert, 32, took second place on a hotly contested “Idol” season in 2009, the same year he released the album “For Your Entertainment.”
While he has continued to release albums and tour, he also has been doing soundtrack work for television as well as acting. Since last year, he has been on five episodes of “Glee.”
He is touring North America, Asia and Australia this summer with Queen, filling in for the late Freddie Mercury.
Los Angeles Times