The Los Angeles home where Tom Petty once lived and composed songs has been put up for sale by his ex-wife, Jane Petty, for $3.575 million.
The gated estate of less than an acre in the Encino area features a lagoon pool and waterfall spa. The 9,076 square feet of living space includes a two-story fireplace, a media room, a loft-like gym, five bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
An arson fire at the home in 1987 spared Petty’s basement studio, where he stored his guitars and master recordings, according to Los Angeles Times reports at the time.
Petty, 62, is the frontman for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee continues to tour with the Heartbreakers, a group formed in 1976. They played at halftime at the 2008 Super Bowl.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
Los Angeles Times