The Los Angeles home where Tom Petty once lived and composed songs has been put up for sale by his ex-wife, Jane Petty, for $3.575 million.
The gated estate of less than an acre in the Encino area features a lagoon pool and waterfall spa. The 9,076 square feet of living space includes a two-story fireplace, a media room, a loft-like gym, five bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
An arson fire at the home in 1987 spared Petty’s basement studio, where he stored his guitars and master recordings, according to Los Angeles Times reports at the time.
Petty, 62, is the frontman for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee continues to tour with the Heartbreakers, a group formed in 1976. They played at halftime at the 2008 Super Bowl.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
Los Angeles Times