The Los Angeles home where Tom Petty once lived and composed songs has been put up for sale by his ex-wife, Jane Petty, for $3.575 million.
The gated estate of less than an acre in the Encino area features a lagoon pool and waterfall spa. The 9,076 square feet of living space includes a two-story fireplace, a media room, a loft-like gym, five bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
An arson fire at the home in 1987 spared Petty’s basement studio, where he stored his guitars and master recordings, according to Los Angeles Times reports at the time.
Petty, 62, is the frontman for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee continues to tour with the Heartbreakers, a group formed in 1976. They played at halftime at the 2008 Super Bowl.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
Most Read Stories
Los Angeles Times