Tennis legend Pete Sampras and his wife, actress Bridgette Wilson-Sampras, have quietly sold their Lake Sherwood-area compound near Thousand Oaks, Calif., in an off-market deal. The purchase price was not disclosed.
The hilltop estate had been listed at $19.95 million, but was not on the market at the time of the sale.
The gated contemporary-style compound sits on 20 acres with 360-degree views, a north-south tennis court and a swimming pool. The main house includes more than 13,000 square feet of living space, a combined theater and game room, and a separate poker room.
Including the 1,200-square-foot guesthouse and the 2,000-square-foot detached gym, the property has seven bedrooms, 12 bathrooms and 16,177 square feet of living space.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Sampras, 42, won 14 Grand Slam men’s singles titles and held the No. 1 ranking for 286 weeks. Since he officially retired from the sport in 2003, he has beaten Roger Federer in an exhibition match and John McEnroe in the Outback Champions Series.
Los Angeles Times