Comic actor Russell Brand — he of the off-color humor and wild-eyed visage — has bought a character-filled home in Hollywood Hills West for $2.224 million.
The restored 1926 traditional-style house was designed by Roy Selden Price, an architect known for his period revival work.
Beyond a somewhat modest entry is a 4,800-square-foot interior space with arched doorways, an office, a home theater with two tiers of seating, five bedrooms and 5.5 baths. The arched-ceiling living room features a fireplace.
Balconies and decks sit off the multistory dwelling, providing room for outdoor dining, a bar and a lounge area.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
The property, which has city and canyon views, is identified by the Movieland Directory as an early 1930s home of acting great Laurence Olivier.
Brand, 38, starred in “Arthur” (2011) and “Get Him to the Greek” (2010). He appeared in “Rock of Ages” (2012) and “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” (2008) as well the new movie “Paradise.”
Brand was married to singer Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012.
Los Angeles Times