Perhaps not realizing they would receive so much media attention, singer-songwriter superstar Mariah Carey and her husband, Nick Cannon, pulled their Bel-Air, Calif., home from the Multiple Listing Service only four days after listing it for sale at $12.995 million.
The home was listed on the MLS as a “celebrity estate.” The couple has decided to sell the home privately instead.
Their gated 3-acre property features a Hamptons-inspired mansion with canyon, city and reservoir views. The 11,750 square feet of interior space continues the traditional vibe of the exterior with high ceilings, wood floors and French doors.
The home also includes an indoor basketball court, a gym, a home theater, seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms. One of the six fireplaces is in the kitchen.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
An expansive hall for entertaining called an Aspen room has a vaulted beamed ceiling, walls of windows, a massive stone fireplace and room for several hundred guests.
Not surprisingly, a music studio is among improvements the couple made since buying the house five years ago for $6.975 million.
The grounds include a putting green, a swimming pool and parking for more than 20 vehicles.
The prolific Carey, known for her remarkable vocal range, has won five Grammy Awards for her work. The actor-singer Cannon has written for several TV shows and has hosted “America’s Got Talent” since 2009.
Los Angeles Times