Although talk-show host and football analyst Michael Strahan was initially a reluctant seller, a $3-million gain in less than a year helped him overcome his hesitancy.
Strahan and his fiancee, television personality Nicole Murphy, have sold their home in the Bel Air neighborhood of Los Angeles for $11 million in an all-cash deal. The couple had planned to build their dream house on the 1-acre site, which they bought last year for $7.8 million.
They had torn down most of the existing 1926 Mediterranean home. But offers started coming in on the property and the right dollar figure finally changed their minds.
Strahan, 41, is the co-host of “Live! With Kelly and Michael.” The defensive end played for the New York Giants his entire NFL career, setting a record for sacks in a single season and retiring in 2008 after winning Super Bowl XLII. He starred in the 2009 TV series “Brothers.”
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
— Los Angeles Times