Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank has put her Mediterranean-style house in Pacific Palisades, Calif., on the market for $9.5 million. The actress bought the property in 2007 for $5.8 million, according to public records.
Built in 1928, the 6,722-square-foot home has six fireplaces, six bedrooms and 6½ bathrooms in three stories. Features of the ocean-view house include a step-down living room, a dining room that can seat 20, a theater, a cigar room/wine cellar, a gym and a separate office or maid’s quarters. The grounds of about a third of an acre include a swimming pool and terraced vegetable gardens.
Swank, 38, who grew up in Bellingham, most recently completed “Mary & Martha,” which will air next year on HBO. She will star in and be a producer for next year’s “You’re Not You” through her 2S Films.
Swank won Oscars for her work in “Million Dollar Baby” (2005) and “Boys Don’t Cry” (1999).
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
Most Read Stories
By Lauren Beale
Los Angeles Times