Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank has put her Mediterranean-style house in Pacific Palisades, Calif., on the market for $9.5 million. The actress bought the property in 2007 for $5.8 million, according to public records.
Built in 1928, the 6,722-square-foot home has six fireplaces, six bedrooms and 6½ bathrooms in three stories. Features of the ocean-view house include a step-down living room, a dining room that can seat 20, a theater, a cigar room/wine cellar, a gym and a separate office or maid’s quarters. The grounds of about a third of an acre include a swimming pool and terraced vegetable gardens.
Swank, 38, who grew up in Bellingham, most recently completed “Mary & Martha,” which will air next year on HBO. She will star in and be a producer for next year’s “You’re Not You” through her 2S Films.
Swank won Oscars for her work in “Million Dollar Baby” (2005) and “Boys Don’t Cry” (1999).
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
By Lauren Beale
Los Angeles Times