Talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres and her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, have bought a 13-acre estate in Montecito, Calif., that had been listed at $26.5 million. The purchase price has not yet appeared in the public record.
The restored Tuscan-style two-story villa was built in the late 1920s from locally quarried stone. The property, entered through wrought-iron gates, has a quarter-mile-long driveway that winds through olive and eucalyptus trees.
Downstairs, the villa includes an 800-square-foot living room, a dining room and a library/media room. The state-of-the-art kitchen adjoins a breakfast room that opens to gardens.
The master bedroom and bathroom — with under-floor heating — and a second en suite bedroom are also downstairs; three more en suite bedrooms and a sitting room are upstairs. Bathroom fixtures include a Roman hand basin and an Italian neoclassical marble tub, dating from about 1720.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
There are nine fireplaces, five bedrooms and seven bathrooms in 10,500 square feet of living space. The guest quarters have a bedroom and bathroom.
The grounds include a swimming pool.
— Los Angeles Times