Talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres and her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, have bought a 13-acre estate in Montecito, Calif., that had been listed at $26.5 million. The purchase price has not yet appeared in the public record.
The restored Tuscan-style two-story villa was built in the late 1920s from locally quarried stone. The property, entered through wrought-iron gates, has a quarter-mile-long driveway that winds through olive and eucalyptus trees.
Downstairs, the villa includes an 800-square-foot living room, a dining room and a library/media room. The state-of-the-art kitchen adjoins a breakfast room that opens to gardens.
The master bedroom and bathroom — with under-floor heating — and a second en suite bedroom are also downstairs; three more en suite bedrooms and a sitting room are upstairs. Bathroom fixtures include a Roman hand basin and an Italian neoclassical marble tub, dating from about 1720.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
There are nine fireplaces, five bedrooms and seven bathrooms in 10,500 square feet of living space. The guest quarters have a bedroom and bathroom.
The grounds include a swimming pool.
— Los Angeles Times