Rita Rudner is applying her comedic talent to the sale of her Dana Point, Calif., beach house, and the result is a spot-on parody of a home marketing video.
Her husband, director-writer Martin Bergman, featured the Monarch Bay home in the 2011 film “Thanks,” in which Rudner acted. Now Rudner may have her own hit on her hands with the YouTube parody.
In the farcical four-plus minutes, she promises to include one free facial tissue with the purchase of the five-bedroom, five-bathroom house, which is priced at $8.975 million.
The actress takes viewers through a tour of the 5,000-square-foot contemporary, which looks out onto the ocean. Features include a paparazzi-free patio, an elevator, an office, heated floors and the liberal use of retractable glass doors.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
“We have brought not only the outside in, we have brought the inside out, we have brought the left to the right, the right to the left, the up to the down,” she says. “It is so on trend.”
The couple bought the house unfinished on leased land six years ago for $5.85 million. They completed the work and bought the parcel in December for $2.15 million.
— Los Angeles Times