Rita Rudner is applying her comedic talent to the sale of her Dana Point, Calif., beach house, and the result is a spot-on parody of a home marketing video.
Her husband, director-writer Martin Bergman, featured the Monarch Bay home in the 2011 film “Thanks,” in which Rudner acted. Now Rudner may have her own hit on her hands with the YouTube parody.
In the farcical four-plus minutes, she promises to include one free facial tissue with the purchase of the five-bedroom, five-bathroom house, which is priced at $8.975 million.
The actress takes viewers through a tour of the 5,000-square-foot contemporary, which looks out onto the ocean. Features include a paparazzi-free patio, an elevator, an office, heated floors and the liberal use of retractable glass doors.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
“We have brought not only the outside in, we have brought the inside out, we have brought the left to the right, the right to the left, the up to the down,” she says. “It is so on trend.”
The couple bought the house unfinished on leased land six years ago for $5.85 million. They completed the work and bought the parcel in December for $2.15 million.
— Los Angeles Times