The former Casey Stengel estate, built for the baseball legend in 1925, is a hit with actress Jenna Fischer. The “Office” star recently bought the Glendale, Calif., property for $1.9 million.
The Mediterranean-style house of about 4,600 square feet sits on close to an acre with a pool house, a swimming pool, a tennis court and an orchard. The main house features a formal foyer, a living room with a barrel ceiling, two sitting rooms, five bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is a separate maid’s quarters off the garage.
Fischer, 38, has played receptionist Pam Beesly on the sitcom since 2005. She will star in the film “Kiss Me,” due out next year.
Stengel, a Baseball Hall of Famer, lived at the Glendale house until his death in 1975 at 85.
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Most Read Stories
The property came on the market in June at $2.41 million.
- Los Angeles Times