The former Casey Stengel estate, built for the baseball legend in 1925, is a hit with actress Jenna Fischer. The “Office” star recently bought the Glendale, Calif., property for $1.9 million.
The Mediterranean-style house of about 4,600 square feet sits on close to an acre with a pool house, a swimming pool, a tennis court and an orchard. The main house features a formal foyer, a living room with a barrel ceiling, two sitting rooms, five bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is a separate maid’s quarters off the garage.
Fischer, 38, has played receptionist Pam Beesly on the sitcom since 2005. She will star in the film “Kiss Me,” due out next year.
Stengel, a Baseball Hall of Famer, lived at the Glendale house until his death in 1975 at 85.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
The property came on the market in June at $2.41 million.
– Los Angeles Times