“South Pacific” leading lady Mitzi Gaynor washed that house right out of her hair, so to speak, selling her longtime home in Beverly Hills, Calif., for $4.9 million.
The Spanish villa, built in 1929, features beamed ceilings, leaded-glass skylights, inlaid wood flooring, floor-to-ceiling windows and French doors.
A balcony off the master suite overlooks the swimming pool and yard of nearly a third of an acre.
Including the maid’s room, there are five bedrooms and six bathrooms in 4,167 square feet of living space.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
A singer and a dancer, Gaynor was a leading lady in numerous Broadway musicals. She hosted several TV specials in the 1960s and ’70s and continues to perform at benefits.
Los Angeles Times