Pop star and singing-competition judge Britney Spears has bought the Thousand Oaks, Calif., home of former professional hockey player Russ Courtnall and his wife, actress Paris Vaughan.
The property came on the market in August at $8.5 million and was withdrawn from the Multiple Listing Service within a month.
The Mediterranean-style house, built in 2010, is in the Lake Sherwood area. Features include pocket doors, limestone and oak floors, beamed ceilings, two offices, a temperature-controlled wine cellar, a home theater/bonus room, five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and 8,456 square feet of living space.
The 1.42 acres of grounds contain lawns, an infinity pool, a rose garden, an outdoor fireplace and a barbecue center with covered patios. There is a five-car garage plus an enclosed space to park the golf cart.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Spears, 31, released her first album, “Baby One More Time,” in 1999 and went on to become one of the country’s best-selling recording artists.
— Los Angeles Times