Pop star and singing-competition judge Britney Spears has bought the Thousand Oaks, Calif., home of former professional hockey player Russ Courtnall and his wife, actress Paris Vaughan.
The property came on the market in August at $8.5 million and was withdrawn from the Multiple Listing Service within a month.
The Mediterranean-style house, built in 2010, is in the Lake Sherwood area. Features include pocket doors, limestone and oak floors, beamed ceilings, two offices, a temperature-controlled wine cellar, a home theater/bonus room, five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and 8,456 square feet of living space.
The 1.42 acres of grounds contain lawns, an infinity pool, a rose garden, an outdoor fireplace and a barbecue center with covered patios. There is a five-car garage plus an enclosed space to park the golf cart.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Spears, 31, released her first album, “Baby One More Time,” in 1999 and went on to become one of the country’s best-selling recording artists.
– Los Angeles Times