Pop star and singing-competition judge Britney Spears has bought the Thousand Oaks, Calif., home of former professional hockey player Russ Courtnall and his wife, actress Paris Vaughan.
The property came on the market in August at $8.5 million and was withdrawn from the Multiple Listing Service within a month.
The Mediterranean-style house, built in 2010, is in the Lake Sherwood area. Features include pocket doors, limestone and oak floors, beamed ceilings, two offices, a temperature-controlled wine cellar, a home theater/bonus room, five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and 8,456 square feet of living space.
The 1.42 acres of grounds contain lawns, an infinity pool, a rose garden, an outdoor fireplace and a barbecue center with covered patios. There is a five-car garage plus an enclosed space to park the golf cart.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
Spears, 31, released her first album, “Baby One More Time,” in 1999 and went on to become one of the country’s best-selling recording artists.
– Los Angeles Times