Amazon employees have sweeping views of Lake Union and the Space Needle from the 12th-floor rooftop of the newly completed office.
An Amazon-occupied office in South Lake Union has sold for $268.9 million in one of the priciest sales the region has seen.
Schnitzer West on Friday said it dealt the Urban Union office building it developed at 501 Fairview Ave. North to TriStar Capital and RFR Holding, two New York-based investment firms.
At about $925 per square foot, Schnitzer said it was the priciest sale, by that metric, in the city’s history for that type of office building. KOMO Plaza, which is a different kind of office, sold for a slightly higher rate a month ago, and several other offices have sold for more total money.
The 12-story building, which features a distinctive blue glass cube-like door that leads into a two-story entranceway, totals 290,000 square feet.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Tight end Luke Willson, one of Seahawks' 14 unrestricted free agents, says he's hoping to be back WATCH
After it opened last year, the developers quickly launched a $10.5 million alteration project for Amazon employees, who can take in Lake Union from a 12th-floor rooftop, work out at the gym there, and use a “five-star concierge service.”
Henry’s Tavern and Sprout are on the ground floor.
TriStar and RFR bought another large Amazon building nearby for $244 million just two months ago, and a few other Amazon-occupied offices have sold for top dollar in the last few years. Schnitzer West, based in Bellevue, has built several high-rises in the area recently.