Seattle-based digital-marketing company aQuantive said its Avenue A|Razorfish unit has bought a marketing agency in the United Kingdom...
Seattle-based digital-marketing company aQuantive said its Avenue A|Razorfish unit has bought a marketing agency in the United Kingdom, the first move of a broad international expansion plan.
The agency, DNA, has about 60 employees and counts BMW, aid agency Oxfam and wireless carrier O2 among its clients. It is profitable and expects net revenue of between $8 million and $9 million for the year ending March 31, 2006, according to Avenue A |Razorfish.
AQuantive will make an upfront cash payment of $4.8 million and will pay additional cash over the next three years based on whether DNA reaches certain profit milestones. This payment structure is commonly used for advertising-agency acquisitions, said Clark Kokich, president of Avenue A|Razorfish.
There are no plans to make adjustments to DNA’s business or operations, Kokich said.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
Avenue A|Razorfish is expanding internationally to serve U.S.-based clients who want global advertising and marketing campaigns, he added.
Right now, the unit partners with companies in other countries to accomplish that, but it plans to increasingly manage international campaigns out of its own offices.
Kokich said he expects additional expansion announcements from Avenue A|Razorfish over the next year.
“It’s really in the last year that our clients have seen the success of online marketing in the U.S. and have also seen the rapid rise in Internet adoption globally,” he said. “It’s just an emerging need that we need to fulfill.”
Kim Peterson: 206-464-2360 or email@example.com