The Spokane maker of outdoor boots known for their "made in America" craftsmanship, White's Boots, has been sold to LaCrosse Footwear of Portland.
The Spokane maker of outdoor boots known for their “made in America” craftsmanship, White’s Boots, has been sold to LaCrosse Footwear of Portland.
The Spokesman-Review reports (http://bit.ly/1rAMVgc ) the goal is to increase production at the factory, which has 110 workers. The sale also includes a retail store in Spokane.
White’s Boots has operated in Spokane for 99 years. Its boots are preferred by many loggers, miners and smokejumpers.
LaCrosse sells footwear under the Danner Boots brand and is a subsidiary of the Japanese company, ABC-Mart.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'