FRANKFORD, Del. (AP) — Police say an Uber driver in Delaware would drop off passengers at their destination and return to their homes to burglarize them.
Delaware State Police say 26-year-old Saddam A. Awadallah has been arrested after he drove passengers from their homes to businesses and restaurants in the Ocean City and Dewey Beach areas.
Police say that after dropping them off, Awadallah would return to their homes and steal credit cards, computers, watches, cell phones and other items.
Police say Awadallah was taken into custody in Tennessee and returned to Delaware on Monday.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
He has being held on burglary and related charges at the Sussex Correctional Institution. An official at the jail said he did not know whether Awadallah has an attorney.