FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Officials say three flight attendants became ill on a plane headed to Barbados, causing it to return to a Florida airport.
The Sun Sentinel reports the Jet Blue plane returned to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Thursday afternoon. Officials say the plane was evacuated and paramedics were called.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles says the flight attendants were complaining of headaches and one of them used on-flight oxygen. The attendants were evaluated and declined medical treatment. There were no complaints from the nearly 100 passengers on board.
Officials say a hazmat team took readings on the plane and didn’t detect anything.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Lost Seattle-based crab-boat crew memorialized VIEW
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
Jet Blue said in a statement that a new crew was being assigned to the flight to continue to Barbados Thursday evening.
The incident is under investigation.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/