David Marcus, the head of eBay's PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he'll lead mobile messaging products.
David Marcus, the head of eBay’s PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he’ll lead mobile messaging products.
EBay Inc. said Tuesday that Marcus is departing on June 27, three years after joining PayPal. Marcus says his role at PayPal was becoming too much of a management position and he preferred to focus on building products.
In a sign of its focus on mobile messaging, Facebook has agreed to buy the messaging app WhatsApp for $19 billion, a deal that has yet to close. But the company says Marcus will not oversee WhatsApp, which will be run independently. Rather, he’ll run Menlo Park, California-based Facebook’s own messaging products.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Facebook post from David Marcus: https://www.facebook.com/Davemarcus/posts/10154268140035195