David Marcus, the head of eBay's PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he'll lead mobile messaging products.
David Marcus, the head of eBay’s PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he’ll lead mobile messaging products.
EBay Inc. said Tuesday that Marcus is departing on June 27, three years after joining PayPal. Marcus says his role at PayPal was becoming too much of a management position and he preferred to focus on building products.
In a sign of its focus on mobile messaging, Facebook has agreed to buy the messaging app WhatsApp for $19 billion, a deal that has yet to close. But the company says Marcus will not oversee WhatsApp, which will be run independently. Rather, he’ll run Menlo Park, California-based Facebook’s own messaging products.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
Most Read Stories
Facebook post from David Marcus: https://www.facebook.com/Davemarcus/posts/10154268140035195