David Marcus, the head of eBay's PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he'll lead mobile messaging products.
David Marcus, the head of eBay’s PayPal unit, is leaving the company for Facebook, where he’ll lead mobile messaging products.
EBay Inc. said Tuesday that Marcus is departing on June 27, three years after joining PayPal. Marcus says his role at PayPal was becoming too much of a management position and he preferred to focus on building products.
In a sign of its focus on mobile messaging, Facebook has agreed to buy the messaging app WhatsApp for $19 billion, a deal that has yet to close. But the company says Marcus will not oversee WhatsApp, which will be run independently. Rather, he’ll run Menlo Park, California-based Facebook’s own messaging products.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Facebook post from David Marcus: https://www.facebook.com/Davemarcus/posts/10154268140035195