The Moyer Foundation, founded by former Seattle Mariners pitcher Jamie Moyer and his wife, Karen, announced that Michael Moroney joined...
The Moyer Foundation, founded by former Seattle Mariners pitcher Jamie Moyer and his wife, Karen, announced that Michael Moroney joined the organization as its chief operating officer.
The Seattle native will oversee the day-to-day operations of the nonprofit’s founding office in Seattle. The Moyer Foundation — which creates and funds programs to help children — also has an office in Philadelphia, where Moyer was a star with the Philadelphia Phillies. “It is a dream role to be given this opportunity to help The Moyer Foundation grow and continue the amazing work they do to help children in distress,” Moroney said in a statement.
Banking: Angela Korvas joined Union Bank as a vice president and relationship manager in the Seattle Commercial Banking Group.
Communications: Paul Queary was hired as vice president of communications at Strategies 360.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Insurance: Scott Harrison was appointed manager of the Futurity First Insurance Group’s Greater Seattle branch.
Investment: Gary Grina was hired as vice president and trust officer at Davidson Trust, Seattle.
Public relations: Paige Young joined Publicis Consultants as vice president.
To be included in the On the Move column, send the information to Gary Dougherty by fax, 206-382-8879; email, email@example.com; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111. Photos will not be returned.