New York City's Wall Street bull has been freed from his corral.
New York City’s Wall Street bull has been freed from his corral.
The New York Post reports (http://bit.ly/1pysY3V ) that police removed the barricades surrounding the Charging Bull sculpture on Tuesday.
The bull had been penned in since September 2011, when police feared the sculpture would be targeted by Occupy Wall Street protesters.
The New York Police Department says security around the bull will be assessed on a day-to-day basis.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
The bull has long been popular with tourists who like to snap photos with the 3½-ton bronze sculpture. On Wednesday morning, they were doing just that as uniformed officers stood by nonchalantly.
Charging Bull webcam: http://chargingbull.com/video.html