J.K. Rowling's latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it's finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
J.K. Rowling’s latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it’s finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Rowling’s detective novel “The Silkworm” was in the top 100 by late Thursday for both print and e-book sales. She wrote it under the pen name “Robert Galbraith.”
Thursday was the book’s official publication date, but it couldn’t be ordered before then through Amazon because the online retailer and Rowling’s U.S. publisher, Hachette Book Group, are arguing over e-book terms. Amazon delayed shipments for some books by Hachette authors or made the releases entirely unavailable.
Buying “The Silkworm” in hardcover still isn’t without some frustration: Customers were told delivery would likely take 2-4 weeks.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Barnes & Noble’s website ranks “The Silkworm” No. 1 for print and No. 5 for e-books.