J.K. Rowling's latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it's finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
J.K. Rowling’s latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it’s finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Rowling’s detective novel “The Silkworm” was in the top 100 by late Thursday for both print and e-book sales. She wrote it under the pen name “Robert Galbraith.”
Thursday was the book’s official publication date, but it couldn’t be ordered before then through Amazon because the online retailer and Rowling’s U.S. publisher, Hachette Book Group, are arguing over e-book terms. Amazon delayed shipments for some books by Hachette authors or made the releases entirely unavailable.
Buying “The Silkworm” in hardcover still isn’t without some frustration: Customers were told delivery would likely take 2-4 weeks.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
Most Read Stories
Barnes & Noble’s website ranks “The Silkworm” No. 1 for print and No. 5 for e-books.