J.K. Rowling's latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it's finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
J.K. Rowling’s latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it’s finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Rowling’s detective novel “The Silkworm” was in the top 100 by late Thursday for both print and e-book sales. She wrote it under the pen name “Robert Galbraith.”
Thursday was the book’s official publication date, but it couldn’t be ordered before then through Amazon because the online retailer and Rowling’s U.S. publisher, Hachette Book Group, are arguing over e-book terms. Amazon delayed shipments for some books by Hachette authors or made the releases entirely unavailable.
Buying “The Silkworm” in hardcover still isn’t without some frustration: Customers were told delivery would likely take 2-4 weeks.
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- So how did the Seahawks' draft grade out?
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Delta's rivalry with Alaska Air triggers benefits, risks
- Washington star Nigel Williams-Goss transfers to Gonzaga
Most Read Stories
Barnes & Noble’s website ranks “The Silkworm” No. 1 for print and No. 5 for e-books.