J.K. Rowling's latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it's finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
J.K. Rowling’s latest novel has quickly climbed up the best-seller lists now that it’s finally available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Rowling’s detective novel “The Silkworm” was in the top 100 by late Thursday for both print and e-book sales. She wrote it under the pen name “Robert Galbraith.”
Thursday was the book’s official publication date, but it couldn’t be ordered before then through Amazon because the online retailer and Rowling’s U.S. publisher, Hachette Book Group, are arguing over e-book terms. Amazon delayed shipments for some books by Hachette authors or made the releases entirely unavailable.
Buying “The Silkworm” in hardcover still isn’t without some frustration: Customers were told delivery would likely take 2-4 weeks.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
Most Read Stories
Barnes & Noble’s website ranks “The Silkworm” No. 1 for print and No. 5 for e-books.