Netflix Inc. has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution to run the television series "Gotham" worldwide following its first season.
Netflix Inc. has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution to run the television series “Gotham” worldwide following its first season.
The highly anticipated show, which will start its initial season on Fox on Sept. 22, occurs in Batman’s Gotham City and depicts an orphaned Bruce Wayne and future Commissioner James Gordon. Stars include Ben McKenzie and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution said that the deal is unique because it’s licensed on a multi-territory basis. The company typically licenses programming country by country. Terms weren’t disclosed.
Each season of “Gotham” will be available to Netflix members starting next year, once its initial broadcast is complete in each country.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Most Read Stories
Shares of Netflix added $7.65, or 1.6 percent, to $484.25 in premarket trading Wednesday.