Netflix Inc. has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution to run the television series "Gotham" worldwide following its first season.
Netflix Inc. has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution to run the television series “Gotham” worldwide following its first season.
The highly anticipated show, which will start its initial season on Fox on Sept. 22, occurs in Batman’s Gotham City and depicts an orphaned Bruce Wayne and future Commissioner James Gordon. Stars include Ben McKenzie and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution said that the deal is unique because it’s licensed on a multi-territory basis. The company typically licenses programming country by country. Terms weren’t disclosed.
Each season of “Gotham” will be available to Netflix members starting next year, once its initial broadcast is complete in each country.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
Shares of Netflix added $7.65, or 1.6 percent, to $484.25 in premarket trading Wednesday.